Time tested sinus cleansing tool. Excellent system of cleansing nasal passages and preventing allergies and colds. According to ayurveda, a nasal pot helps to promote the removal of excess mucus due to congestion, rid nostrils of pollen and other allergens, cleanse the nasal membranes of dust, smoke, or other airborne contaminants, relieve nasal dryness due to air travel, improve flow of breath before doing relaxation or meditation techniques.
How is the pot used?
A special Jalnati Pot is filled with warm, slightly salted water and the spout of the pot is inserted into one nostril. The position of the head and pot are adjusted to allow the water to flow out of the other nostril.
The technique is not as hard or uncomfortable as one may think at first. You will be pleasantly surprised at this simple and effective method of health maintenance.
Once learnt, the practice can be done in about 3 minutes and is easily integrated into a daily routine of body cleansing such as showering or cleaning of the teeth.
Full detailed instructions are enclosed with the Jalnati Pot.
Over 40 Million people in the US alone suffer from sinusitis and are growing resistant to antibiotics. Several experience some sort of side effects. Neti or Jalnati is the best way of treating your sinuses naturally!
Instructions on how to use the Jalnati pot:
1. Fill the pot with lukewarm, filtered water and a pinch of salt. Hot water is irritating and dangerous. Cool water is not soothing.
2. Tilt your head to the side as shown in the picture at the beginning of this article.
3. Insert spout of neti pot gently into the raised nostril creating a seal between the neti pot and the nostril. If it drains out of your mouth, lower your forehead in relation to your chin. Relax. If you are calm, the water flows right through. But if you aren't, it just won't flow. If you keep breathing through your mouth, relaxed, the water should gently flow through the nose on its own. There's no forcing it.
4. Raise the neti pot slowly to develop a steady flow of saline solution through the upper nostril and out the lower nostril.
5. During the process breathe through your mouth.
6. When you're done, exhale firmly several times to clear the nasal passages, and blow your nose.
7. Reverse the tilt of your head and repeat the process on the other side.
This product was added to our catalog on Sunday 18 September, 2011.